Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 2 carrots, finelly chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp garam massala
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek leaf powder
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tsp cashew nuts (8-10)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt, to taste
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add in the finely chopped vegetables and cook until al dente (roughly 6-8 minutes). Strain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan; add finely chopped onions and cook until translucent.
3. Now add the coriander powder, cumin powder, ginger garlic paste and chilly powder. Mix well for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and the cashews. Allow to simmer together for 5-10 minutes. Reduce slightly. Set aside and let cool. Puree into a smooth consistency.
5. Pour the smooth curry back into the pan with 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a simmer.
6. Now add the fenugreek leaf powder, garam massala and cardamom powder. Mix together for 2-3 minutes.
7. Now fold in the cooked vegetables. Adjust the consistency by adding water if need be. Serve hot.
This recipe is adapted from Shreyas Retreat in Bangalore.