Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 cups paneer (or Tofu), cut into ½ inch cubes
- 500 grams spinach leaves, blanched & roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh fenugreek leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup onions, finely chopped
- ½ tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp Indian curry powder
- 2 Tbsp oil (sunflower/olive)
- Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onions until translucent. Add the garlic and ginger. Mix and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and stir continuously for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the fenugreek, spinach, turmeric, curry powder and salt. Adjust the consistency with water in case the mixture is too thick.
4. Now add the paneer and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve hot with naan bread.
This recipe is adapted from Shreyas Retreat in Bangalore.