Ingredients (serves 4):
- 200g/7oz carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 150g/5oz) turnips, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 small celeriac, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 small swede, peeled and cut into pieces
- 200g/7oz new potatoes, cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
1. Place the vegetables in a pan and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and allow to simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
2. Drain in a colander and set aside for a few minutes.
3. Prepare the vinaigrette: mix the mustard, oil and vinegar together. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Crush them coarsely with a potato masher and add the olive oil. Stir well with a wooden spoon and adjust the seasoning.
This recipe is adapted from Mange Tout by Bruno Loubet.