Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4-5 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 small white cabbage
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful of fresh coriander
1. Cut the carrots into fine sticks or grate them coarsely. Cut the spring onions into small rings and add to the carrots.
2. Quarter the white cabbage, cut away the core, and shred the leaves very finely. Combine with the spring onions and carrots.
3. Prepare the dressing. Whisk all the ingredients together and pour the dressing over the vegetables. Toss thoroughly and leave for 10-20 minutes to allow all the ingredients to blend nicely.
4. Serve the coleslaw sprinkled with fresh coriander and a few drops of lime juice.
This recipe is adapted from Veg by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstal