Ingredients (serves 6 as a side):
- 1 large cucumber, coarsely grated
- handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 500ml / 2 cups Greek-style or thick plain yoghurt
- sea salt and fresh pepper
- chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Carefully squeeze out and discard the excess water from the grated cucumber - by hand or in a sieve. Put the drained cucumber pulp in a bowl.
2. Add the chopped mint and yoghurt to the bowl, and mix well. Season to taste with black pepper and sea salt.
3. Cover with cling film and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
4. To serve, drizzle with a little olive oil and scatter with chopped walnuts and fresh mint leaves.
Recipe by Sabrina Ghayour in Persiana.