Ingredients (serves 4 as a main):
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup beets, grated
- 1 cup raw carrots, grated
- 1 cup almond flakes, toasted
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup tofu, cubed
- ¼ cup yeast flakes
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
- ¼ apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp tahini paste
1. Cook the brown rice according to pack instructions. Set aside.
2. Combine yeast flakes, water, tamari, apple cider vinegar, tahini and crushed garlic in blender. Add oil in a steady stream. There will be leftover dressing so make sure to keep in a sealed container in the fridge for another meal (yum!).
3. Heat 1 Tbsp sesame oil (or other fragrant oil) and toss in the tofu. Cook until brown. Add the almond flakes to a dry heated pan and saute for a couple of minutes. The almonds should turn beigey-brown. Do not burn!
4. Place the cooked rice into bowls and add vegetables and tofu according to personal preference.
5. Drizzle bowls with dressing and sprinkle almond flakes on top.