Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 large carrots
- 1 large box of mushrooms (about 500g), washed and sliced
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes (400g each)
- 1 tin of chickpeas (400g), drained
- 500ml of boiling water
- 4 tablespoons of tomato puree
- a big handful of coriander
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of cumin power
- 1 ½ teaspoons of ground chilli
- 2 cloves of garlic
1. Add the crushed garlic, turmeric, cumin, chilli, salt and pepper into a large saucepan along with the olive oil. Heat up until it bubbles, then pour in the tins of tomatoes, tomato puree and boiling water.
2. Stir in the chopped carrots and mushrooms. Bring this mix to the boil then turn it down to a simmer for about 30 minutes.
3. Add the drained chickpeas and let this cook for another twenty minutes.
4. Prepare the quinoa and brown rice. I usually use half and half and boil everything together for 10-15 minutes or until the rice is tender.
5. Add the lemon juice to the mix and sprinkle chopped coriander on top. Voila!
Recipe by Deliciously Ella