Ingredients (serves 4):
- 200g/1 ¼ cup couscous
- 100g/1 cup frozen edamame (green soya beans)
- 250g/1 cup french beans, trimmed and cut into narrow strips
- 1 red or yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 apple, shredded (with skin)
- 1 pomegranate (deseed) or 100g (3 1/2 oz) pomegranate seeds
- 400ml/1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 20 black or green olives, pitted and halved
- 80g (3oz) flaked almonds
- 150g (6oz) feta cheese, diced
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
1. Cook the edamame in a pan of boiling water. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until the beans are al dente. Drain well.
2. Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over the hot stock. Cover the pot with a lid and leave for 5 minutes until the couscous has swelled and absorbed all the stock. Fluff with a fork.
3. Add the almond flakes to a dry frying pan on high heat. Toast until golden brown. Watch closely to avoid burning the flakes!
4. Bring all the ingredients together, except the cilantro and pepper and toss gently together. Season to taste with fresh black pepper and scatter the cilantro over top.
5. Serve immediately.