Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 red pepper. finely diced
- 1 can (400g/14oz) borlotti beans, red kidney beans, cannellini beans or other
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small tin corn (200g/7oz) or frozen corn
- 2 cans (120g/4oz) tuna, in brine water
- 1 handfull basil, chopped
- 1 generous splash white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 raddiccio head, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Mix the beans, red pepper, red onion, garlic and corn together.
2. Add the olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. Adjust according to taste.
3. Crush the tuna with a fork and add to the mix. Add the chopped basil. Finally, add the coarsely chopped raddiccio.
4. Mix everything together. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Serve on a large platter.
* This bean salad keeps for up to a week in the fridge. Make lots and keep for lunch boxes on-the-go.