Ingredients (serves 4, as a side salad):
- 1 pack (300g/10oz) cooked beetroot (apologies to the purists, boil your own if you prefer)
- 1 small pack (250g/8oz) of green beans
- 400ml/14oz can of borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 60 ml/6 Tbsp olive oil
- 15 ml/ 1 1/2 Tbsp white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 15ml/ 1 1/2 Tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper
- small handful of shredded fresh basil
1. Heat a pan of water on medium heat. When the water boils, add the green beans. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the green beans are cooked but still al dente. Drain and put the green beans in a bowl of cold water.
2. Cut the beetroot in 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) slices. Rinse and drain the borlotti beans and set aside.
3. Prepare the vinaigrette: mix the mustard, oil and vinegar together. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Add the borlotti beans, green beans and beetroot in a large bowl. Pour over the vinaigrette. Sprinkle fresh basil on top and serve immediately.