Ingredients (serves 4):
1 cauliflower (ideally romanesco) or 2 broccoli heads
3 Tbsp olive oil
100ml natural yoghurt (I use greek yoghurt for extra creaminess)
4 egg yolks
4 slivers of back bacon or cooked ham, cut into 1cm / 0.5 inch squares
300g/10oz linguini pasta or other small shape (penne)
sea salt and pepper, to taste
60g/2oz parmesan, grated
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius/385 Fahrenheit/Gas 6.
2. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and mix with olive oil, salt and pepper, and the bacon. Add to a roasting tin and roast till golden, approximately 20 minutes. Mix and turn with a spoon from time to time to avoid burning.
3. Cook the linguini following the pack instructions.
3. Drain the linguini and keep 4 Tbsp of cooking liquid.
4. Whisk the egg yolks, parmesan and the yoghurt together.
5. Stir the yoghurt mix with the pasta. Place over low heat to thicken. Stir often. If the mixture is too thick, add the cooking liquid a tablespoon at a time.
6. Fold the cauliflower and bacon through the pasta. Finish with a sprinkle of black pepper and grated parmesan.
7. Serve immediately.