Ingredients (serves 4):
- 300g penne or conchiglie
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup of halloumi cheese, cut into little cubes (optional*)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into long ribbons
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped or 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- a pinch of salt and pepper
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add the pasta and chickpeas. Cook for 10-12 minutes until the pasta is al dente.
2. Shave the fennel into thin slivers using a mandolin or vegetable peeler. Add the fennel to the pot a minute before the pasta is done. Drain.
3. Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to a pan. Add the garlic and chilli cook for 2 minutes. Add the halloumi cubes and cook until starting to brown.
4. Mix in the pasta, chickpeas, halloumi and fennel. Add the lemon juice and zest to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
Done! How easy was that?