Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 350g / 1 ½ cup dried spaghetti
- 400g/ 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 6 anchovies
- 10 black pitted olives, chopped
- 20 capers
- 2 pinches dried chilli flakes
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 50g / 3 Tbsp parmesan, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the garlic and saute until slightly browned.
2. Add the tomatoes and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
3. Add the anchovies, chilli flakes and capers, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
4. Boil a large pan of water and cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions, until al dente.
5. Drain the pasta, put it back in the pan and toss with the tomato sauce, olives and parsley.
6. Finish with freshly grated parmesan and servie immediately.
Recipe inspired by Angela Hartnett's recipe in Cosmopolitan Magazine (September 2015)