Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 large leek, washed, trimmed and cut into small chunks
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 large handfuls of cavolo nero, dark curly kale or savoy cabbage, washed and chopped.
- 100ml/ 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 500g dried linguini or spaghetti
- 100g/1/2 cup finely grated fresh parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Drop in the leek and garlic cloves in a large pan of boiling water. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes then add your green vegetable and cook for another 3 minutes. Do not overcook in order to keep the vegetables al dente and retain their colour.
2.Use a slotted spoon to move the vegetables to a blender. Add you olive oil, a few tablespoons of the cooking water and puree. If the consistency is too thick, add a splash of cooking water. Have a taste and season with salt and pepper.
3. Bring the water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack. When the pasta is al dente, drain and return to the pan. Add the vegetable sauce and mix all together. Transfer to a large round serving plate.
4. Sprinkle some parmesan over the dish and serve immediately.