Ingredients (serves 3-4):
- 1 ball of mozzarella, torn into small or large chunks
- 2 Tbsp pitted black olives, chopped into small bits
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup/350g of rigatoni
- 1 bunch of basil, shredded
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp brown sugar
1. Boil a large pot of water with a pinch of salt. Cook the pasta in the boiling water around 10 minutes or until they are "al dente".
2. In the meantime, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to a pan. Once warm, add the garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and olives to the pan. Stir in the salt and sugar. Allow to bubble gently on low heat for about 10 minutes.
4. Drain the pasta when it is cooked through but has a slight firmness left in the middle. Drain the pasta and save a couple of Tbsps of the pasta water.
5. Roughly shred the basil leaves and add to the tomato sauce. Tip in the drained pasta and toss all ingredients together. Serve with chunks of mozzarella mixed in.
6. Enjoy immediately.