Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 medium-sized red or white onion, cut into slivers
- 1 red pepper, cut into long slivers
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into long slivers
- 150g/2/3 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into long ribbons
- 2 large bunches of watercress, lettuce or rocket
- 100g/1/2 cup mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 chicken breasts, cut diagonally
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 8-12 Wholemeal wraps
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)for 10 minutes.
2. Oil a baking tray with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Place the chicken fillets on the baking tray. Add salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through (no pink middle).
3. Whilst the chicken is cooking, cook the vegetables. Start with the onions. Pour 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a cooking pan and add the onions. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucid and browning. Set aside in a small bowl. Pour 1 Tbsp of olive oil in the pan and add the red and yellow peppers. Cook for 10 minutes or until the peppers are getting soft (still slightly al dente). Set aside with the onions.
4. Prepare all the other ingredients in separate bowls: cherry tomatoes, avocado, grated cheddar, lettuce. Bring bowls to the table.
5. When the chicken is done, cut the fillets diagonally into small 1cm/1/3 inch disks.
6. Bring the chicken and cooked vegetables to the table. Assemble a wrap of your choice.