Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic clove, diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed (⅓ inch, 1 cm)
- 100g/1/2 cup quina, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes
- 800g/2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 250ml/1 cup vegetable stock
- 400g/ 1 tin kidney beans
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Cook the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft (about 7 minutes).
2. Add the squash, quinoa. vegetable stock and tinned tomatoes.
3. Simmer for 20-25 minutes until the squash is tender and the quinoa is cooked. The sauce should have thickened.
4. Add the beans and heat through.
5. Serve warm in small bowls.
* For adults, add 1 tsp of hot chilli powder to the mix at the end.