Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- small handful of fresh basil or coriander, finely chopped (optional)
- a few drops of tabasco (optional)
- 40g/4 Tbsp feta
- 4 slices of wholegrain bread, toasted
- pinch of salt and pepper
1. Slice the avocados in two. Take out the pit and spoon out the flesh with a coffee spoon. Put into a deep dish and mash with a fork. I prefer to do this by hand rather than in a blender to leave a few chunks.
2. Finely chop the red onion and add to the squashed avocado. If you choose to add fresh herbs, chop them and add them to the mixture. If this is an "adult only" meal, you might choose to add a few drops of tabasco for an added kick.
3. Toast the wholegrain bread.
4. Spoon 2 Tbsp of the avocado mixture onto each piece of toast. Sprinkle on a few pieces of feta. Enjoy!