Ingredients (makes 18):
- 150g/5oz raisins
- 175g/6oz Butter
- 300g/10.5oz apple sauce
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup
- 300g/10.5oz Jumbo Oats
1. Preheat the oven at 170°C (325°F, gas mark 3).
2. Heat the butter, apple sauce and maple syrup in a small saucepan.
3. Stir the oats into the melted mixture and transfer to an 18cm (7in) shallow square tin, lined with baking parchment or buttered beforehand. Spread out evenly and press down well.
4. Bake in the centre of the oven at 170°C (325°F, gas mark 3) for 40-45 minutes or until the flapjacks are a light golden colour.
5. Remove from the oven and leave the flapjacks to cool for about 10 minutes. Then cut the mixture into fingers, but leave in the tin until completely cold.
6. Remove from the tin and store in an airtight container for up to a week.