Ingredients (makes 30 small cookies):
- 85g/1/2 cup ground almond powder
- 30g/3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 125g/4.5oz softened butter
- 40g/4 Tbsp agave nectar
- 60g/1/3 cup brown unrefined sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g/5oz oat flakes
- 50g/5 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 50g/5 Tbsp dark chocolate
- 50g/5 Tbsp chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C (350°F) for 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl, mix the coconut flour, ground almond powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In another large bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar and agave nectar. Mix well.
4. Add the egg, then the vanilla extract to form a smooth paste.
5. Mix the flour mix to the wet ingredients, then add the oat flakes, cranberries, chocolate chunks and chopped walnuts.
6. Form balls with two teaspoons and press down onto parchment paper.
7. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the outer edges are browned but the centre is still soft. I tend to stand by the oven door and watch the cookies like a hawk after 9 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.