Ingredients (serves 6-8):
- 300g/1 1/2 cup unsweetened, thick yoghurt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 180g/1 cup caster sugar
- 250g/1 1/4 cup plain white or wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125ml/3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pears, cut into small pieces
- 100g/4oz dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius/ 375 degrees fahrenheit. Butter a large loaf tin (2lb or 24cmx12cmx8cm).
2. Mix together the yoghurt, beaten eggs and sugar. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix together again until smooth. Slowly add the oil, until you have a smooth silky batter.
3.Pour half the mixture in the cake tin and scatter half the pear and half the chocolate on top. Pour over the remaining batter. Add the remaining pear pieces and chocolate chips and push them down into the mixture (to avoid burning when baking).
4. Bake on the bottom shelf for 40-45 minutes and check regularly, until a skewer comes out clean. When cooked, remove from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes in the tin.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy!