Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 cups quinoa flakes
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 cup seed mix (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds)
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped figs or raisins
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped pitted prunes
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C or 400 F.
2. Mix together the olive oil and maple syrup. Combine with the quinoa flakes.
3. Evenly spread the quinoa flakes on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast and stir from time to time to avoid burning. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Let the quinoa mixture cool completely. Mix in the dried fruit and seed mix.
5. Store in a glass jar for about 2 weeks.
This recipe is adapted from It's all good by Gwyneth Paltrow.