Ingredients (serves 1):
½ banana, finely mashed with a fork. Bananas are rich in protein, potassium, and serotonin (anti-depressant hormone). It is also an excellent soother for the intestinal flora and is tolerated by most people, aged 0 to 99!
2 Tbsp rapeseed oil. This oil offers the perfect balance of Omega 3 and Omega 6, essential for cell health and good brain function.
1 Tbsp ground flaxeed. Flaxseeds are rich in Omega 3, crucial for a healthy brain.
1 Tbsp ground sesame seeds. Sesame seeds are an excellent source of calcium, especially important for growing children and women.
1 Tbsp nut & seed mix, chopped. Nuts and seeds provide additional essential fatty acids, important for cardiovascular health, hormonal health, and overall cell health. At least three nuts / seed sources should be included; choose from almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, macadamia nuts, pecan nuts, cashews...
½ freshly squeezed lemon. Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C and essential to eradicate free radicals present in the oil once it has been oxidised.
A handful of fresh, raw fruit cut into pieces. These fruit complement the Vitamin C of the lemon, and bring additional fibre and nutrients to the mix.
1. Mash the banana and mix in the flaxeed/sesame seeds, as well as the nuts and seed mix.
2. Pour in the rapeseed oil and add the fruit on top.
3. Pour the lemon juice over the mix.
4. Take your time to chew. Savour each morsel and allow your senses to identify the foods your are eating and your digestion to kick in at a slow pace.
5. And don't forget to enjoy these wonderful nutrients you are giving to your body.
Recipe by France Guillain in La Methode France Guillain.